Today, Creative Team Member, Ulla-May shares her favorite Android Apps for editing photos.
Like most people involved in digital scrapbooking, photo artistry and manipulation, I love to photograph and play with different editing techniques. I prefer to use Photoshop, but during vacations when I don’t have access to the software, I use Android Apps to edit my photos.
Historically iPhones and iPads have had the most choice in photo-editing Apps, but nowadays, Android also offers some great options.
I have explored many Apps for Android - Both free and paid for. I'd like to share the ones I use the most.
While Instagram is the most popular, both for Android and iOS, I like the apps where I can edit my photos in a similar way as I do in Photoshop. I also prefer Apps that give me a greater selection of filters and effects.
1. Vintique By GMYStudio. This is my all-time favorite App. Vintique provides a great selection of vintage filters and powerful image editing tools. It also provides a great selection of textures and vignettes.
2. HDR FX Photo Editor Free. This is another App with an endless number of possibilities and is great if you like the HDR style (High Dynamic Range). You can also apply curve adjustments to your photos.
3. Snapseed. This App has everything you need to enhance your photos and also provides some fun and innovative effects such as dramatic effects, grunge, vintage and tilt-shift.
4. Photo Studio. Photo Studio is a powerful image processing App. It includes both basic and precise tools for editing, as well as a good selection of filters and effects. I also like the artistic filters for sketch and watercolor effects and the ability to create photo collages.
5. PicsPlay Pro. This App offers 200 filters with different 10 themes, such as Scene, HDR, Blur, ART, Vintage, Grunge, Beauty, Professional, Color Splash and Black & White. It also has a great selection of editing features and is easy to use.
6. Pixlr-o-matic .Pixlr-o-matic helps you quickly add unique style to your photos using different effects, overlays, and borders. For example, you can apply clean, retro or grunge styles. The overlays also provide the ability to add a variety of sparkle, light leak and drama to the photos.